Who is most susceptible to getting pimples?
Teenagers are those most likely to get lots of pimples. Not everyone but the teenage years is times when you get the most pimples in your entire life. Other than this, the rate of pimples popping out depends on many factors that largely include lifestyle and it could also be genetically related.
What are pimples?
In case you don’t really know what a pimple is, physically, it’s like a boil or spot on your skin that’s swollen. It may or may not be painful, but it can be really annoying especially when it’s grown in your ear or your nose.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), Acne comes from an old Greek word that means “skin eruption.”
Are pimples acne?
Technically, yes. Acne is an umbrella term for pimples, zits or blemishes. Don’t confuse them with rashes, though they are entirely different species caused by different factors too.
4 Easy Ways to get rid of pimples
Never panic when you have pimples. Before succumbing to the temptation of squeezing it dry, try icing it instead. You are going to love this especially when the hot weather is burning you up.
Here are the steps:
- Clean and wash your face thoroughly with tap water
- Grab an ice cube and wrap it up in a thin clean cloth. Do not put the ice directly on your skin, because instead of getting rid of your pimple, you may end up get a frost bite!
- Hold up the cloth of ice cube on top of a pimple
- Maintain position for about 1 minute and release for 5 minutes and repeat the same process for another 1 minute
- You may repeat this for another 2 to 3 times or until your ice starts to melt
Things you need:
- You can’t just get steam out of nowhere. You need a big pot, make sure you are able to fit your whole head in
- You will also need a small bag of jasmine green tea leaves, those that you can just buy off the shelf of any convenient store
- Next, make sure to get a big towel, blanket or a cloth that can cover at least half your body.
Now, here’s the fun part:
- Prepare a big pot of water, put the water to a boil
- Place your tea bag in the boiling water, make sure the label sticks out of the hot water. You will need your tea bag again later
- Place the hot pot of water on a low table or a coffee table
- Bend down over with your whole face facing the water, make sure you are about 6 inches away from the water surface, then cover your whole head and pot with your cloth, blanket or towel
- You want the steam to stay within the covered area and around your face
- Stay covered near the hot water for a few minutes
- Take out the tea bag, let it cool and rub the bag all over your face
- Leave that for about 15 minutes and you can wash your face with fresh cool water after that.
It’s super simple when using honey as a mask for pimples and acne.
Here’s what you do:
- Try to use filtered honey, not any kind of honey for this method
- Simply grab some in your hands and spread a layer on your face. That’s it!
- Leave the layer of honey on your face for about ten to fifteen minutes, then wash it off with lukewarm water.
This is my favorite, it not only relaxes your body and mind, it will most definitely help to cure your acne as long as you are regular and consistent with this practice. All you need is at least five minutes of your time.
Here’s what you do:
- Find a quiet spot where you will not be disturbed or distracted
- Set your timer or alarm to five minutes.
- Take a few good deep breaths and breathe out slower than when you breathed in
- Once you are ready, close your eyes
- There’s no need for you to shut off your thoughts. All you need to do is to say two words in your head: “let go”
- Keep it slow and steady, no hurry at all. Other thoughts may seep into your mind, once you are aware of that, get back to telling yourself to “let go”
- Maintain deep breathing throughout the process
- When the alarm goes off, there’s no need to quickly open your eyes. Take your time to end it off
Meditation is nothing complicated and there’s no one way of doing it. All it does is to train your mind to focus on what you need to do at that point in time.
In this case, this practice is for you to release and let go of anything harmful to your body and mind, be it stress or toxicity.
Instead of letting all kinds of thoughts rule your mind and make you more stressed out and anxious, causing more pimples, you are intentionally giving yourself the avenue to have some space to feel good about yourself.
There you have it, the 4 easy ways to get rid of pimples.
Make sure to use any of these methods on a consistent and regular basis to bring about better results sooner. These are not guaranteed solutions as every individual’s skin condition is unique. However, be patient with the process as it takes time before you see any improvement to your skin.